June 11, 2017

True to You


She was capable and scholarly and disinclined to gamble ever again on romance. Yet, something in John called out to something in her. It was unexplainable. Foolhardy, even. ~excerpt

True to You is INDUBITABLY good! Oh, how I love this story. I’m so happy this is part of a series, because I’ll be able to revisit these incredibly easy-to-love characters I’ve become enamored with.

Becky Wade is an absurdly talented storyteller. She flavors her books with perfect measures of faith, humor, and romance. She is climbing so high on my list of favorite authors that she risks altitude sickness.

One of the greatest features of this book is its uniqueness. I’ve never read a story that battles the same struggles and obstacles as this one does. True to You is unpredictable, endearing, and extraordinarily memorable. (Try as I might, I can’t seem to keep the adverbs from this review. Saying it’s good, unique, and memorable just doesn’t do it justice. So I’m peppering it with LY words because I just can’t help myself.)

Nora Bradford is quirky, funny, and genuine. I sunk into her life with ease, and fell in love with her privately owned historical village. I adore her personality, her vocabulary, and the way she relates to others. Her sisters are a hoot, and I even grew to enjoy her irritable grandmother.

John Lawson is the perfect hero. He’s gentlemanly, strong, and everything else yummy. He’s the type of fictional hero that makes you forget all other fictional heroes. Seriously, I can’t think of another male lead in a book that compares. He has his flaws, he has his limits, and he has rough days ahead, but all those things make him even more desirable and praiseworthy.

This book is one of THOSE books. You know, one of those that pulls you in, drags you through the dirt, wrings the tears out of you, and makes you giggle and swoon. It’s also one that makes you sigh as you read the final page, and has you counting the days until the next book in the series is released.


5 Indubitable Stars!

Cover: Love
Title: Love
Pages: 384
Series: A Bradford Sisters Romance Book 1
Publisher: Bethany House
ISBN: 978-0764219368
First Line: Finding oneself at the mercy of a crazed gunman isn’t all fun and games.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bethany House and NetGalley.