July 1, 2017

High As the Heavens





High As the Heavens is another intriguing story by Kate Breslin that takes place during WWI. As with her previous books, For Such a Time, and Not By Sight, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I suppose ‘enjoyed’ might not be the best word choice, due to the wartime setting, but you know what I mean.

I was pulled into the story and easily captivated by Eve and Simon. I do have to admit it took me a few chapters to get my momentum going (not the case in the previous books) but once I did, I couldn’t put the book down. Historical fiction is a favorite of mine, as is Ms. Breslin.

If you love wartime stories with powerful messages and lots of surprises and action, then this story is for you. It is inspirational, moving, fast-paced book.


5 Stars

Cover: LOVE
Title: LOVE
Pages: 400
Publisher: Bethany House
ISBN: 978-0764217814
First Line: Like manna from heaven, the words fell from the sky.
I received a complimentary copy from Bethany House and NetGalley.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!