July 4, 2017

My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho


My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho: Rebecca’s Plight is the fourth book I’ve read in the My Heart Belongs series. I’ve only read a handful of mail order bride stories, so I don’t claim to know all the ins and outs of this genre, but I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed this one!

This story is a romance and western mix, decorated with wit, adventure, and faith. Rebecca Rice is an interesting character in search of security, yet finds herself in a mix-up that gives the story so much depth. And Thaddeus and Theodore are nicely developed as well.

I love how the author describes a scene, infuses the dialogue with humor, and plots (and subplots) out the storyline. She’s a talented writer who kept my interest throughout.

This is a light-hearted story that offers themes of courage, strength, and. My Heart Belongs in Ruby City, Idaho is an inspiring, quick, and clean read.

4 Stars


Cover: Okay
Title: Like
Pages: 256
Series: My Heart Belongs In series
Publisher: Barbour Books
ISBN: 978-1683220114
First Lines: The dimming afternoon sky outside the stagecoach window was thick with flat-topped clouds, but the reverberating crack was no clap of thunder. Rebecca Rice knew a rifle shot when she heard it.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing (and NetGalley) and was under no obligation to post a review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment lover!