July 17, 2017

My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley


I’ve really been enjoying all the books in the My Heart Belongs series. The stories are written by various authors, evoke many emotions, are easy to sink into, and are fast reads.

My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley: Lily’s Dilemma takes place during the 1800s (as do the others in the series.) It is a neatly crafted story, dealing with life’s challenges, unexpected romance, and making consequential choices.

Lily Laughlin’s world is turned upside down when she discovers what her father’s wagering ends up costing her. She finds herself in quite a dilemma (as the title suggests) shortly after Captain Mac spies her bathing in a creek. Her entire life begins washing away before her eyes. Her future is at stake and she ultimately has to choose between financial security and the refuge of love.

The author’s writing style is smooth and the imagery she creates is vivid. The historical ‘feel’ is palpable, and there isn’t a single element of the story that drags. I love an inspiring, easy read that makes me wish the story could continue.

4 Stars


Cover: Okay
Title: Like
Pages: 256
Series: My Heart Belongs In series
Publisher: Barbour Books
First Line: “So what do you think, Cap’n?”

I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley and was under no obligation to post a review.